Friday, December 30, 2005

Like...

Like some summertime somnabulist sleeping with a tart
Like some henna-haired harlot lurking in the park
Like some stoned-out junkie actor struggling to remember his part
Like those penniless wannabees' panhandling in the park
I go stumblin' towards the light

Like an open door to nowhere with a window's view of hell
Like a sophisticated prison where the walls are made of glass
Like some bible-thumping con-man asking for your change
Like tempest in a teapot getting flushed out by the rain
I go groping for my sight

Like a morally bankrupt politician, you've got to be connected at the top
Like a cheeky little trollop getting wool from every john
Like an anger splattered monkey with his tail tied in a knot
I am heartened by their blight

Like a blast of electricity that stands your short- hairs on end
Like an ungrateful child with that awful serpeants tooth
Like a beggar's banquent with humble pie served for dessert
Like a heat stroke summer's morning pelted with some sleet
My mind is screwed down tight

Like some dog-breath smelling alkie blowing kindness from my mind
Like a lawyer smiling snakely at a pot of gold client find
Like the wellsprings of human kindness forever waiting to be mined
Bringing all the parties together for pact that remains unsigned
That's what is my dilema
That' what's become my bind
Like a slick overcoat of sickly sweet French wine
I remain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home